Wednesday, November 13, 2013

It All Started With A Dining Room Table...

Inspiration Image // My Revelment 1. Ethan Allen (I photoshopped the stain and added the black)

 Inspiration Images // Design Sponge and Emmas DesignBlogg 


So our house is still in need of a full-on remodel, but that didn't stop us from getting our dream dining room table. We had it made at a local salvage yard from Anheuser-Busch beer barrels that were used before the prohibition and later turned into wood for the horse barn. I worked with the wonderful people there to have the base made from blackened steel.  It turned out frick'n stunning if I don't say so myself.

Next step was to get chairs to complement the beauty that is this table. I narrowed it down by finding inspiration images and then finding the chairs (in our price range) to match. While I love all the options, I have decided to go with either 1 or 2 - the classic windsor modernized with black at the top or all over.

Last step: Craigslist. I found these awesome chairs and will get them on Thursday. Here's hoping I can get this little DIY project done by Thanksgiving because I am hosting this year. The table made me do it.


2 comments: